1648 - Robert Williams land grant - he purchased nine square miles north of the Hempstead Plains from the Matinecock Indians.
1653 - Robert Williams settled at Lusum.
1681 - Robert Williams died in Maryland.
1692 - The name was changed from Lusum to Jericho.
1748 - Birth of Elias Hicks.
1788 - The Friends Meeting House was built.
1793 - A school was built next to the Quaker Meeting House.
1794 - The Charity Society of Jericho and Westbury Monthly Meetings was formed "for the use and benefit of the poor among the Black people and more especially for the education of their children."
1802 - A post office was established in Jericho.
1817 - Establishment of a "School for Negroes" in Jericho by the Quakers.
1817 - Slavery no longer existed in Jericho.
1830 - Death of Elias Hicks.
1931 - Volunteer Fire Department established.
1938 - Northern State Parkway cut through the South end of the village.
1939 - Cedar Swamp School was built. This is now part of the high school.
1952 - End of "old time" Jericho. Phebe Seaman, great, great granddaughter of Elias Hicks sold a large tract of land to a real estate development company.
1952 - The water tower was erected.
1953 - Robert Seaman school was built.
1957 - Jackson School was built.
1958 - Dedication of a new Fire Department building; the 25th anniversary of the Jericho Fire Department.
1959 - High School complex was built attached to the Cedar Swamp School. This complex housed the Junior and Senior High School.
1961 - Robert Williams school was built.
1963 - Cantiague School was built.
1966 - Opening of the Jericho Public Library in building donated by Franklin National Bank.
1972 - Opening of Jericho Library in new building.
Naturally, there have been many important events since this brief history was written. The Jericho Public Library maintains a special collection devoted to the history of Jericho.